If you are a huge coffee fan and love best French press, then the chances are that you have tried multiple times to be able to master the art of making the perfect cup of French press. Many other coffee lovers have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. One thing that many have found is that the key element behind making the perfect cup of French press is, in fact, having a burr grinder.
If you don’t have a burr grinder, then you can just about forget about having a cup of French press that comes anywhere near a standard worth supping on. It can be a little annoying as a kitchen buff to finally have to admit that you need a tool to rely on for getting great results, but when you have realized, and are ready to surrender, you will get fantastic tasting coffee.
This article on jodirell06 take 2 minutes in reading.
The reason behind this is because a French press needs to have grains of coffee that are even in size, and they also need to be large. If you use grains that are small, then they will easily seep through the filter and make horrible sediments in the bottom of your cup.
They will also make your coffee taste bitter, and it is really necessary that the beans get evenly ground to be the same consistency. That is where the best coffee grinder for a French press steps in because the first step towards getting your French press is of course having a burr grinder.
That’s where we step in, because we have reviewed 5 of the best coffee grinders for a French press machine. Two are more budget, and the first 3 are aimed towards those that have a larger budget to spend.
Breville Smart Grinder
First up we have the Breville Smart Grinder. This is a great machine for those that love to play around with technology, as it offers a whole host of features.
- An amazing 25 settings so you can set it to make expressos, drip coffee, or use it as a percolator and a French press, amongst other things
- Has a lovely LCD feature that showcases all the buttons
- Automatically doses the coffee out
- Complete with a bean hopper that has a lid that‘s completely air tight
- Locking system so you can easily remove coffee beans
- Comes complete with two portafliter cradles and an amazing grind container with a brush to clean the burr grinder
- Complete with a range of accessories, including two portafilter cradles, a grind container and conical burr cleaning brush
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Now if you are looking for a grinder that has a conical burr, then this is the one for you.
- It is able to grind coffee for French Press to espresso
- Has amazing conical burrs, so you can get the most out of the process
- Acceptable noise level thanks to tuned-down RPM
Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
If you like the idea of choosing from a range of colours, then you will be able to have green, red, white or black. Just perfect for those people that like to be a little funky. It can have your kitchen looking very modern and state of the art.
- It offers over 14 settings on the grinder, all the way from coarse to fine
- There is a borosilicate catcher that is made of glass, that is there to help reduce static created by the coffee grounds as they jump
- A burr grinder that‘s adjustable and allows you the chance to get the perfect grind for your favourite choice of brew
- Has a grinder feature that allows you to use a fast grind button so that you can set the timer to the precise amount of time that you need in order to get your perfect coffee
- Available in four colour options
Next up we have the two more budget options. Not as good, but will suffice if you haven’t got a large budget to spend, and urgently need a grinder for your French press.
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
The DBM-8 by Cuisinart is a great option for those that haven’t got a lot of cash, but need to have a grinder for making French press. Perhaps for those that have just moved into their first place and want to have a special item in their kitchen.
- It has a very elegant coffee mill that’s very heavy duty
- Has a burr grind feature that is made especially for uniform grounds- to offer the very best when it comes to flavour
- Allows you to choose from 18 positions when grinding, starting from very fine to coarse
- Has a dial that can be slid to allow you to set it for making between four to 18 cups; also a capacious grounds chamber that has a neat little lid
Mr. Coffee BVMC-BMH23 Automatic Burr Mill Grinder
And last but not least there is this wonderful grinder by Mr Coffee. It is great for those that like the idea of having a lot of settings to choose from, yet are still on a budget.
- 18 great grind settings
- A bean hopper that can be removed
- Allows you to store up to half a pound of coffee beans
- Complete with a grind chamber section that can be removed with great ease
- A storage for the cord
So there you have it, five great coffee grinders for a French press. All of which have their very own unique settings, and their very own prices. The next step is to choose which one is suited to you, and your coffee making needs. Coffee making is an art for those that appreciate the finer things in life. You could very soon be making great brews that are fit for a king!